July 30, 2009

Letting it dry

It's 80 degrees right now and it looks like as if it's going to rain. I love overcast skies and warm air at the same time. Some people think it's sad because the sun's not shining but we all know, or now should know, that even though we don't see the sun the sun's still there in all her strong glory. Maybe even stronger than we think.
I'm also letting my suitcases dry. Why?! Flooding occurred in our basements and everything's pretty much ruined. However, the suitcases and a couple of other nicely stacked things were not damaged. They just need to be dried. The whole basement smells awful and I wonder what fresh scent could get rid of this gross odor. Can't come up with one. They all seem to be too weak.

Saving money has been fun so far. I don't go out anymore, or not as often. Plus, I get to read more and sit back and do pretty much nothing but indulge in my own little misery. Ok, the latter part is not a lot of fun I admit. However, it's shown me truth, and it's taught me things so far I'm sure I'll be using in the near future. With that said, I'd like to end today's blog entry with this:

...when you sense a faint potentiality for happiness after such dark times you must grab onto the ankles of that happiness and not let go until it drags you face-first out of the dirt - this is not selfishness, but obligation. You were given life; it is your duty (and your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.

I love quoting from books. To me it means that I'm actually reading a book and not just reading the lines but also reading in between the lines and see how it affects or can have an effect on my own life. Very inspirational. Truly needed. And do I have to mention where this quote came from??! I hope not. And if nothing comes to your mind go back and read some of my most recent entries...I know I mentioned the book!!!

Have a terrific day.

1 comment :

ami said...

Oh that quote is lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...