December 17, 2009

Body Change and Christmas in Eight

Wednesday was fun. Not so much. Okay, I had to get my teeth cleaned, which I actually do enjoy. Yes, I know I'm a dork but still...it's a great feeling to know that someone with real skills and knowledge has my precious biters cleaned and all. Plus, she's my favorite dental hygienist...very funny, very mellow, and from Texas. Finally someone I can talk to. Seriously. It's always a pleasure to see her again. I envy her though. She's going back to Texas for the holidays. Then again, her mom told her it's almost as cold as it is here so I'm not gonna be jealous now. Oh, my teeth are cleaned and apparently they also told my favorite cleaning lady that something's not right with me. Duh?! Seriously, that's what she said. "Selma, your body is changing. Your teeth are great, but your body's changing. I can tell you aren't the same, and this has to change. That could ruin your teeth. So, work on it." Ok?! We got to talking and then she told me to do whatever I think I should do and is best for me. Even if it's just for a while. She moved away from TX and has now the best time of her life but she regrets not having moved away earlier or done such a drastic thing when she was younger. She totally encouraged me. Thank you P.!!!

So, I was leaving the dental office, walking around and having snow falling onto me and my cute little hat...then meeting mom for a quick lunch...I know, not a good idea after the cleaning process but my appointment was at noon and I was starving. Lunch was ok, I felt strong, I felt actually quite good about myself, about whatever was going on and all and all the sorrow, and pain and whatever summer/fall/winter misery hit me was gone...until I went back home. My head hurt. Like crazy. Can't describe it. At around 5 pm I thought I was going nuts. I tried to calm down, breathe, relax, and nothing helped. I don't want to take medicine. Never did, never will but I knew I had to take something to make this awful pain go away. I took another aspirin. Not my favorite and I would gladly keep it away and all but hey, it helped a bit. Yes, just a bit. I slept for like three hours, then had something to eat, watched TV while in a very comfortable sleeping position and then headed to bed. Ten hours later...same thing. Even now it hurts. The only thing that worked for me over night was a Chinese oil my mom told me to use like years ago! Tell you what...this is now my very best friend. I even talked to the bottle. "Please, help me...I don't like this pain!!!". Apparently it worked. Apparently I'm turning into some psycho person, too...I never talked to an oil bottle but hey, miracles work their magic. Or something like that.
So, here I am...with a very heavy head which doesn't hurt one bit if stable and not moved around (which when I'm writing is a fact - thanks to blogging I have no headache?!), and well...I just realized that next week it's Christmas! I mean...this soon?!! NO WAY!!!
But yes, my favorite time (and most of yours, too) is coming around, visiting us quickly and then leaving us again...my tree is long finished, I'm not satisfied with how it looks but since I'm not feeling 100% okay I think it serves its purpose and makes me smile a lot when the lights are on and all. I never receive presents. I think mom stopped giving me anything anymore after our New York trip years ago and the only presents I receive are from a few of my friends. It started out as some sort of tradition. I know that I'm getting three big boxes each year, one from Michigan, one from Florida, and one from California. Sometimes, I get also one or two from Japan, and one from Germany. Though these are mostly sent around New Year's or Easter or my birthday! I love my friends!!! :) Wish the world was a tiny bit smaller and we wouldn't have to fly around the world to visit each other...oh well. 
Besides the presents and the fact that Christmas is really next week...wow, my mom's got her annual pre-Christmas party going and that is tomorrow evening. So not looking forward to this. So not even sure if I can make it. Oh I want to, don't get me wrong but it seems as if I'm going to be stuck in bed. Hope not, but we'll see. And to top everything...on Saturday I'm supposed to attend an annual Christmas dinner party. Up until right now I have no clue where this is going to be and how and all and with a head like mine I'm considering calling one of the organizers and let them know I can't make it. Granted, it's only Thursday so I have still two days to go and get better...my fingers are crossed!

Oh Christmas time...what is wrong with you this year?! Maybe nothing and it's just me that has a hard time. Plus my being sick all this time sure sucks!!! I need to move away. I'm always sick here, never anywhere else, and this bothers me. Enough with that...I'm trying to catch up on blog reading, and hopefully will be able to write some cute and normal entries (without misspelled words, and awful grammar - so sorry, I don't feel like checking anymore...)...and yes, I received another cute award again...
...but until then I'm just gonna post some lovely Christmas pictures I found...of course again on We ♥ It! Can't seem to get enough of this site. Ha!

 





Hope your day is better than mine!

xoxo

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

oh selma! you poor thing, i really hope that you get feeling better! i am so sorry! and i am glad you have a cool hygenist. mine are always like "so, have you ever flossed before? let me teach you how.." i am like "yes, i know how to floss, i just don't like to." anyway, you are in my thoughts! feel better soon!!

The SSS Sophisticate said...

That reminds me that I need to go to the dentist!!! Hope you feel better soon! I wish I had an awesome remedy for you!

Unknown said...

Sad times, I am sad that you're still not feeling better. Did you ever check on mono, 'cause seriously, that is how I felt when I had it and it lasts for a while like that. I am sad that you don't get presents for your family for Christmas, if it didn't take so long for things to get overseas and Christmas wasn't 8 days away I would send you something and be apart of your pretend family. I hope you start feeling better!

Jess said...

So sorry that you're feeling so badly :( I hope it turns around soon. It's sweet that you share joy still, even though your heart or body may not be feeling it, through beautiful pictures on every post. For some reason that really struck me with this one!

Sending warm thoughts your way...

Laura. said...

Wait! Did your headache go away? Maybe the hygenist accidentally hit a nerve or loosened a filling!

I never know what to take when I have a headache, so I take one advil and one tylenol. I worry that this is like cleaning with ammonia and bleach, but it seems to work for me :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I hope you're feeling better now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...