January 21, 2010

And it goes to.....yup, me!


The beautiful and funny Kelly over at Keeping up with Kelly & Co. gave me this terrific award...it sure feels like our own little Golden Globes award! Thanks a lot girl. If you haven't checked her out, you're definitely missing out!!! 

Here are the rules:
-Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
-Copy the award & place it on your blog.
-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
-Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
-Nominate 7 bloggers.
-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

You all know I've listed quite some things about me in the past few days, weeks, or maybe months. So, I'm trying not to repeat myself.  Maybe I just go deeper into each and every single thing I mentioned before?! Maybe not. We'll see. Here it goes...

1) I collect things. Ok, quite normal. But when your kitchen shelves harbor up to 50+ mugs it's getting crazy. This is not normal, but I can't control myself. I have a horrible addiction slight thing for mugs, mainly Starbucks city mugs. They're huge but I love them. If I could I'd buy one from every major city. Luckily I stopped myself in Heidelberg, Germany....I wanted to buy one and thought twice about it and now I just have another one. Still from Heidelberg but not from Starbucks. I do owe two huge ones from Los Angeles though. ;)  I don't have space anymore for any additional mugs that may come along - and trust me, they will come along...It's my little sickness.

2) In addition to mugs, I also collect DVDs...of selected TV series. Insane. I know. Expensive, too. Years ago I started with the Friends' DVD collection...I bought every single season, except for the last two ones because they weren't out in stores then. My awesome friend K. sent me the rest, and I'm so proud of that collection. Now it's Brothers & Sisters, and One Tree Hill and some others....I so need to stop this. But it's good when you're stuck at home being sick and all. This is the best way to cure anything!

3) I'm one of those people who loves doing laundry. I love to sort my huge hamper and divide my laundry into colors...white, black/blue, red/purple, pink, gray/beige, socks/underwear, towels, jeans, too many colors. ;) Certain clothes I can't wash with others so I need to wash them separately and all alone. And most of my clothes go into washing bags, so they're slightly protected. Sometimes it's weird. Sometimes it's also funny... I feel as if my clothes are my babies!!! I want to protect them and make them live forever.

4) I don't like folding my clothes but it's a necessity. I love to stack my things though (and yes, I do organize my clothes according to color and style). And I make sure that I pair my socks correctly and also make sure I lay them next to each other to dry. Note to all of you, I don't have a dryer. So, to me it's crucial to have my socks "sit" and "wait" together until they're dry. Same goes for any other small and delicate items. ;) Remember, they're my babies. ;)

5) Grammar. I loved it and I still love it. I have lots of books on English grammar and all that...it so fascinates me. I used to read them before I went to bed. I also once started reading my dictionary. Absolutely insane I know, but that's what I did. And yes, I was a nerd in high school...always aced my English tests. ;) Always failed German and French though. Ok, kidding...I passed all of them, with good grades...but still...English grammar was my very first love (after all, it all started in second grade! - woohoo).
And yes, I still make mistakes, and I still make/have typos in my writing mainly because my mind goes way faster than my typing and well...that pretty much sums it up. I haven't brought them onto the same level - yet. One day maybe. ;)

6) Speaking of languages...I grew up speaking Swiss-German, and German, had my first encounter with English when I was one, and my first encounter with Turkish when I was two, and oh yeah, my first encounter with Italian when I was about six. In high school I took Italian (dropped it though after one year because I wanted to focus on French, which didn't go well though), and in college I took Japanese. I also took Korean (but it didn't last that long), and am still working on my poor Turkish. There's this giant grammar book right next to my bed....

7) I have a weird great sense of orientation. I love reading maps. And I don't have a problem going back to a place after a few years and still remember how to get to certain areas/streets/places. This never occured to me until my godmother pointed this out a few years back. Big cities are my thing...I don't get confused at all. Plus I orient myself quite easily...with the help of clothing stores, gas stations, etc etc etc. Gotta love that!!! :)

After reading all of this...please don't judge, and please don't think I'm a super dork. Ok, maybe I am. But I'm still a normal girl who collects things, loves certain colors and chores, and needs to have her horizon broadened each day...with whatever comes along...new book, new movie, new word, new mug, new clothes, new historical fact, new story etc etc etc.... I'm no crazy person, nor do I make stuff up. I might not tell everything at once, nor be very precise BUT I'm me. Just very regular and just oh so common....we all have it in us, we just need to find us! I'm still looking for the other half of me....

And now I'm going to pass this award onto the following beautiful ladies:

Tinka @ Germarican
Jennifer @ Crazy Shenanigans
ChloĆ© @ Sean ♥ ChloĆ©
Erin @ Living and Loving in L.A.
Mara @ M Loves M
Jenni @ She's Getting Married
Annie @ Chapters of our life

I think I'm done.
Yes I am.
So I can harvest my cabbage now. Oh yes, have I ever mentioned I absolutely adore FarmVille?! Gotta love Facebook just for that tiny distraction in my life...and I love my purple fences and awesome looking trees, too. Woohoo...:)

Ok, enough said.
I'm done. I need to sleep...like right now.

xoxo

11 comments :

Sierra said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I love yours and congrats on the award! I too enjoy laundry and I most definitely collect DVDs, lol!

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Congrats on the beautiful blogger award dear Selma...

I'm also addicted to mugs and collected great series LOL. And I totally agree with that: watching series when you are sick at home is the best :-)

Cheers: Evi

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aww Thanks for the award!

Anonymous said...

awww! thanks for the aware selma! you should come over and do my laundry...i would totally pay you! hehe, love you girl!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

congrats on your award! love your random info about you! :)

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

wish i liked laundry as much as you. i'm HORRIBLE at it....like seriously awful :(.

Katie said...

I can't believe how many languages you learned!!

Jami - XOimagine said...

congrats! That is so fun reading about you and your interests! I totally feel ya - I'm a dork too!

Katie said...

congrats on the award!!!

Kelly said...

This was too funny :-) Thanks for showing me that I'm not the only one with laundry issues, haha! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! :-D

Erin Helgerson said...

Hi Selma!
Thanks so much for the award! And no, you're not a dork! I think you're adorable!!!
XOXO,
Erin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...