June 5, 2010

Secret Love Affair

 via we ♥ it

I wish this was me holding up sand and having a blast somewhere warm, cozy, fun and just far far away from here. Unfortunately, I'm bound to this country right now...at least for the next four months and have no way to enjoy some sandy fun. :( 
Besides, the weather's been awful (even though it's was hot today and is aid to be nicer and warmer...soon! - yeah right! - it is, but one day it's temps in the lower 40's and then the next it's temps in the high 70's...that's not nice at all. No wonder I'm feeling weird and sick all the time; and I'm not the only one) and I need daily - heck - hourly summer inspiration to remind me that it's June or July or August...months that are supposed to be filled with daily sun, lots of blue sky, lots of birds chirping, people wearing comfy clothes and shoes (or no shoes!), smiley faces, tan skins, tons of colors and just everything else associated with summer. So help me out, ok?! Anyhow...it's not me holding up the sand and forming cute little hearts and all but I can dream and I am dreaming. I browse websites I'm about to be ordering from (even though I don't need summer clothes because there's no summer near here) because I'm sick and tired of wearing my fall/winter jacket in June and scarves and socks and all that. I'm determined to make myself happy. Now, more than ever. Maybe the sun's coming out when I'm imagining endless sunshine and no rain at all...who knows.
So, with this all said...I have to admit one fact. One that no one knows. So be happy...and blessed...you get to know something no one knows, not even my mom. ;) One of my favorite poems. Most of you, I'm sure, have heard or read it before. Poetry is my love, my secret passion and my secret love - forever. There is no other way to capture my feelings so strongly and deeply than pure poetry. The older the better (did I ever mention I have a thing for very old things?!)...so for today...it's this:

I carry your heart
I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) 
I am never without it (anywhere
I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)

I fear no fate
(for you are my fate, my sweet)
I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

E.E. Cummings 

Happy June everyone!
May it soon be filled with summer feelings and love and happiness for us all.
May it bring us all hope, new visions, new beginnings, and a lot more.

And if you think this is all a bit weird coming from me, you are right.
Just felt like writing it down. It's not the end of me writing but it's the start of me finding my path in life.
There are so many things I want to do. I'm jealous of all those people that I look at and what they have accomplished in their lives and I simply haven't. Then again, I do have lots of things accomplished in life others wish to have had a chance in doing. I may take it for granted sometimes. I confess that much. But my horizon needs to be widened and it's begging me every single day to do so. June's going to be an adventurous month; hopefully!!!!

Happy weekend everyone.

♥ Selma ♥

3 comments :

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I know exactly how you feel. I just got back from vacation and I'm trapped at work until at LEAST the end of September. Hang in there! We'll get thru the months.

Malin said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm still reading your posts!! I normally don't have time to comment, sorry about that! I'll be back in commenting action in about three weeks!! xx

Unknown said...

Did you write that poem? I really liked it. I'll send you some of our finally warm weather. It's been nice and sunny here lately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...