August 25, 2010

First Time

It's always time for a first time so today is my very first time participating in Leigh's weekly Wednesday special. So here goes nothing...




{one} what was your favorite birthday gift?
a trip to new york city. :) however, the one i got this year *a bit belated though* even though not as good as a trip to nyc still made the list of my fave birthday gifts. simple things can and should enhance our lives.


{two} have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting?
ha, neither. i know, boring. ;)


{three} what’s the strangest talent you have?
it's not strange, it's a talent...at least people tell me i have a talent when it comes to languages. whatever. i don't see it. sometimes i do but it's rare. another thing though i think is strange and not necessarily a talent is to bend my fingers pretty far back...so it looks like i'm going to break them instantly but i'm not. can't really describe it. you got to see it, then again, you should not.


{four} what are your favorite kind of chips?
bbq, and paprika ones...not too spicy but spicy enough so i can taste something. ;) 



{five} do you know any tongue twisters?
i used to know two, and believe it or not i totally fail right at this very second. not even one of them comes to mind. am i getting old?! help!!! so yeah, i have to say NO now. 


{six} what was the last movie you saw in a theater?
salt. last night actually. and i have to say i actually liked it. :)


{seven} do you collect anything?
mugs, shot glasses, flip flops, sweaters, and t-shirts. weird combo i know but so far it's kept me warm, cozy and happy. those aren't just "things". they are all reminders of where i was or what places i actually truly and dearly love. :) happy times.


{eight} what is something you wish you were better at?
being a good cook maybe. i mean i'm doing fine with whatever i can cook so far it's just i wish i had no fear of failing and would just try and then laugh because it tastes gross. haha.


{nine} what’s the worst habit you have?
i talk too much. it's bad people. it's really bad. and if i don't talk something's not right. i'm either sad, unhappy, irritated, mad, or feel stupid.


{ten} when you wake up, what is the first thing you think?
ok then, let's go...or not!!!
Actually this was fun.
Hop on over to Leigh's blog and play along if you want.

Happy Wednesday everyone.
Hope you had a terrific day.
Mine started early, and is now slowly ending...
...I spent my afternoon watching my new DVD...and it made me cry. A. Lot. Worse than when I watched it in the theater. Emotional or what?! It definitely hit me. But I loved it. Oh boy. Here it comes again...the waterfall full of tears...

xoxo,
♥ Selma ♥

5 comments :

Kelly said...

Ahhh, I'm always so jealous when I read your blog because you're like what, 6 or so hours ahead of the states? I WISH it were the evening already, hah!! Instead I'm trapped at work on a GORGEOUS day (srrsly, it's like 70 and sunny)

I say you can become a good cook, practice makes perfect!! What DVD did you watch? Hope the rest of the day treats you well :-D

Unknown said...

I totally know what you're talking about with the hand thing. I can sorta do that too, I have a weird hand/knuckle thing I can do too. BBQ and Paprika chips? Like in one? Why did I not know this existed? I love Baked BBQ lays. My favorite chips ever!

Mara said...

a trip to nyc sounds like such a great gift!! And I'm curious to see your fingers bent back. You should take pictures or do a video :)

angela.kolachny said...

I still can't believe you pay so much for a movie ticket! WOW! yes, practice makes perfect with cooking:o) good luck!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Great blog-

Glad to stumble on you/it AND get to know a bit more about you.

Nice to 'meet' you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...