September 26, 2010

Signs...go find them

via tumblr

This is just what I needed to read today.
They are indeed everywhere.
Sometimes we are just too busy to notice them.

Hope you're having an awesome Sunday.
I did have a good day (not the best though)...compliments all day long, a gift certificate in the amount of $170 (from a random person I spoke to on the phone last night, amazing people can be awesome! - and you can bet on that, I'm going to use that one...it's for a facial!), and my raspberry muffin with my favorite drink called vanilla latte. ;)  Since there aren't any pumpkin spice lattes available over here (I need to speak to someone and address this problem immediately) I enjoyed my all year favorite drink.

I also realized that life's too short and I should be doing what I need to be doing. I should try to make myself happy and not others. It's my life, and not theirs. If they're happy just because I get a new job or new position or whatever...good for them. But in the end, does it make me happy?! If so, even better. If not, I need to stay selfish or at least become selfish and go for whatever I wanna do. Ok, this may not make any sense to you but it does to me. I want to wake up again and look forward to whatever the day has in store for me. I need that daily push...I used to get excited about cleaning, washing the car, just going out for a walk in the neighborhood, going grocery shopping, just walking along the beach or go out and get a coffee. I miss that. I miss all of it. I need to find that happiness again. :)

In other news...I'm going to have hot chocolate now...and then head to bed early.
I started yesterday and I'm going to continue looking for signs...all over...and I know I already saw some...should I follow them?! I think I should.

xoxo,

♥ Selma ♥

4 comments :

Kelly said...

Yes!! This is YOUR life and you deserve to do what makes YOU happy!! Follow those signs, Selma :-) Hope your day is going well!

Unknown said...

Take back your life and claim it as yours! And live it for yourself and no one else. That's the way to stay happy :) Hopefully anyway. Whatever direction your heart tells you you should go, do it, and whole heartedly and you'll be led to where you should be, even though it's scary.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Anytime I feel I've seen a sign, I FOLLOW it! So I say, go for it!

k said...

can't believe you got that gift card, that is awesome! that would totally make my year i think. it's been way too long since i've had a facial!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...