October 16, 2010

Eight!

The awesome Sam over at The Married Couple tagged me in a fun Q&A thing and I'm just so happy to play along. :) It's eight questions I need to answer, and then I have to come up with my own eight questions, tag eight new people and let them answer my questions...got it?! I had to reread this sentence...all I'm seeing is answer, question, answer, question...never mind.

So, here are the questions I need to answer (and I'm happy, too!):

1.If you could live anywhere in the entire world, where would you live?

The perfect question to which I have no answer. How sad is that?!

Then again, I'd love to live in a house overlooking the ocean or having at least a glimpse of that ocean, and a few mountainous hills and of course having the sun shine every day. Very random I know. Years ago I told myself that either Ventura or Santa Barbara would be my spots. Today, I'm not sure if these places still apply to my "dream" but it never hurts to write about it. Maybe one day this dream will come true.
It's not necessarily where I'll be living (maybe a little) but it's mainly how I'm living and how I'm feeling while I do live in that place. Does this make any sense?!
So for today, I'm with Ventura! This town calms me down, and makes me enjoy life outside the big city.

Then again, looking at it from a European perspective, I would also have to say Switzerland. It's beautifully located in the middle of Europe, in easy reach to France, Germany, Italy, Austria...has a great (almost perfect) public transport system, good health care, and well...to me it's home. Ha! There are lots of things I don't agree with over here and there are lots of things I want to change in here, but if I was forced to living someplace in Europe it'll be Switzerland. :)

2. What's the one accessory you can't leave the house without?

My bag.
Let me be clear, I don't have just one bag I have many. Most of the time I use one, and then maybe two or three weeks later I use another one for a while. But, I never fail to leave the house without one. My bag helps me carry many things at once - cellphone, wallet, book, tissue, iPod, camera, gum, beauty necessities, and an umbrella. So, my bag (and most of mine are usually big) is my one accessory I cannot leave the house without...ever!

3. If someone gave you $5,000 what is the first thing you would do with it?

I would put it in my bank account. It's the safest place.  
I may be buying a plane ticket without blinking and thinking twice about it, and then have part of those 5k used, but not everything. The rest would still be in my account feeling well protected. ;)

4.What is the one thing you're afraid of most?

To fail life.
Shocked?! Yes.
You know, ten years ago I finished high school. I saw people at my age today as old, married, having kids, or at least having their life together. Today, I'm as old as I saw myself back then, but I'm not married, have no kids, and my life's messier than I ever imagined. Ok, it could be worse and some of it is my own fault. However, ten years ago I thought being older meant also being wiser and having life figured out. I guess I will never figure out what life wants from me. All I ever wanted was to be the exact opposite of my mom. When I look at myself right this second, I feel I'm heading towards the direction I never wanted to end up in and it scares me. Not that my mom's life was or is bad, but I wanted different things. Better things, for me and for my life. And I'm afraid I'm about to fail this dream and therefore fail life all together.

5.  If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?

 I read a ton of books so this is a toughy.
There's really none I would want to say is "worth" reading for the rest of my life. Yup.
This is as honest as it can get.
However, I do have to admit I'd go with the dictionary - that is if I'm truly forced to reading only one book for the rest of my life. I would have to go with a thick one though (thicker than the one I already have!) so it keeps me occupied and sort of amused!
Believe it or not I may change my mind in a week, or a month or so and say Walden And The Civil Disobedience would also be a good choice. Loved the book. Devoured it and reread it twice after the assignment back in my "younger" days. Weird, maybe, but I love the way people wrote back then.

6.What is the one TV show you can't miss?

Oh boy...you got me right there!!!
I'm a TV addict. I admit it. Yes. There you have it.
I love how TV can distract me instantly from all the craziness in life. It's not something that would keep me away from people and normal life, but it's a very good way to keep me entertained when I'm feeling down and don't want to leave the house. And it is my guilty pleasure at times...weird, yes, but I could watch TV 24 hours non-stop!!! :)
So, back to the question...
...I think it's Brothers & Sisters. 
I could name a few more I can't  miss and won't miss like the Vampire Diaries (yes, sue me I'm still 16 at heart!!!), but B&S is the one I don't want to miss out on. Then again, I am not able to watch it for a while and it's quite nerve-wrecking...I wanna know, I wanna watch, I wanna feel...I haven't watched the newest episodes so I'm really itchy to do so soon...but I have to wait. Yup.
*Why the wait? I told myself to finish watching another show and all its seasons before going back to my favorite, and well, I'm not done watching that other show...so I'm gonna stick to my promise!*

7. Edward or Mr. Darcy?

Huh?!
No, I know what the question is about. But I have to go with neither!!!
Sorry!!
Don't be disappointed in me now.

8. What is your signature look?

To be honest I don't know if I have a signature look.
However, I do believe that wearing simple earrings is part of it. 
And I also always wear a necklace that goes with the outfit. 
Oh, and I'm a jeans-kinda-girl. No ripped jeans, no skinny ones (can't pull it off), and no white ones either. Regular all-kinds-of-blue ones. Oh, and when the weather's nice I do love baby dolls, too.
During fall or spring you can also see me with a scarf, because it hardly ever happens that I leave the house without one!
Does that all count as a signature look?! Sorta?!

And when it comes to writing or so, I can say that my signature look there are countless numbers of exclamation and question marks!!! Why oh why??!!!

So, and now it's time to come up with my own eight questions...HELP!!!

1. What song reminds you of a moment in your life (weddings, birthdays, bachelorette/bachelor parties excluded) and those specific views, smells, time, season, etc?! 

2. Do you have a TV/Movie crush?! Who and why?!
(this was part of a fun conversation earlier this month, so I want to know what your answers are!)


3. What do you collect that is super unique
If you're not sure, look around you...what do you buy or have most around you?!

4. When you were little, what did you want to become?

5. Coffee or Tea? Why or well, why not?

6.What is one thing you have to do or have to have each day?

7. What is one food you cannot live without?

8. What is one thing/item/moment you are most proud of? And why?



Wow, that was tough.
It took me a while to come up with questions.
Ok, life happened too so I was a bit distracted and wasn't able to think properly.
Anyways...and here are the lovely ones I'm going to tag


Lacey @ Lacey in the City
Krystal @ Village
Kelly @ Keeping Up with Kelly & Co. 
Erin @ Living and Loving in L.A.
Malin @ The Pursuit of Happiness
Meghan @ The Perfect Compilation Tape
Jess @ This Beach Town Family
Sara @ One Long Road

If you're not listed and would like to play along, you've got my okay!!

I think that's it for this weekend.
It's raining today. Just perfect.
I'm so gonna stay home and do laundry...that's also me-time! ;)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.


xoxo,

♥ Selma ♥

P.s. And I'm sorry if blogger messed up stuff on here. :( All I'm gonna say is Space Issues!!! Big ones.

4 comments :

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

No skinnies? I don't know what I do without my skinnies. That being said...in the last couple of weeks, I've bought wide legs, boyfriend jeans and bootcuts...so I guess I'm giving my skinnies a break. HA!

Meghan said...

Thanks for the tag, lady! I will post later this week! I loved your honest answers, by the way! Here's to a great week!

Unknown said...

I hate it when blogger has space issues, it happens so often, boo. I'm so glad that you played along though! The one TV show I can't miss is 30 Rock. You should check it out while you're in the states.

Kelly said...

I love your signature look-- I always have to wear a pair of diamond studs as well :-) My blogging signature look has a lot of "!!!!!" and ":-D" in them as well, hah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...