October 4, 2012

When I'm bored...(2)

...I often read and watch TV. It just so happened that I did all that on one full weekend, and it just so happened that whatever I read and watched had similar themes going and it felt too close to home. We all know I sulk, and I am emotional and well, when something just anything feels very real to me or reminds me of something...oh boy!! *be aware, it's a non-picture post today! - felt like the right thing*

Were the book and the show a sign?!
What am I supposed to do or believe now?
Should I be happy? Worried?

I think a little of both.
It's all part of life, and of what makes us who we are right this very second because in ten minutes we could change our minds or something might happen and we will have changed. It's that simple. It's that fast.

While I was sulking I started reading a new book, and caught up on Parenthood. I was so behind. Let's just say I had to watch two seasons?! Or one and a half! Whoopseeeee!! (Now I'm all caught up though! Yay me.)

The book I read was "if i stay" by Gayle Forman.

I mainly bought it because it was cheap, right there in that moment that I needed something to read and well...I started reading it. It's a great read. Not difficult and just felt odd reading about a car crash and someone fighting for her life.

Though then I took a break and started watching Parenthood and baaaammmm car accident happens again. The whole family is waiting in the hospital, hoping, praying and begging for some sort of a miracle that nothing bad happened...really? Twice in one day?! Felt like a real deja-vu.

WOW!

Was that a sign?
Probably.
It was telling me I should not find a car and should not drive.
It was telling me to slow down, or enjoy life.
Or to tell my lovely friends who drive each day NOT drive and text.

That's exactly what I should be telling them.
Every single day.
Every single time I see them trying to reach for the phone.

Texting and driving sucks.
I've been there. I've done that.
You have too.
You may deny it, but years ago you did it too.
I even admit it.
It may or may not have been at a red light.
Even there it's not right.

So...

Don't do it!
It's not worth it.
It never is worth it.
And when you think it is.
It is too late.

5 comments :

Why Girls Are Weird said...

AMEN. I actually used to be someone that texted and drove. I friend of mine died a few years ago while on his motorcycle and although it had nothing to do with texting it did make me realize that texting can absolutely wait... there's no need to get hurt or to hurt someone else.

Jamie said...

My aunt was hit by a driver who was texting and driving this summer. I've always been against it, but after nearly losing someone I love to it, I'm even more vocal about stopping.

Sierra said...

I couldn't agree more!! One of my old roomies got into a car accident from texting...so dangerous. I too have been watching Parenthood! I've only watched a few eppies so far but like it! :) Glad you've been able to read a bit too girl.

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

That is so weird for you to say that, because I had this nightmare last night that I ran someone over :-(

I never text and drive, and I rarely even talk on the phone while driving, however with two kids in the car I sometimes get a little distracted... that dream really freaked me out!

I know exactly which part of Parenthood you mean, that was so unnerving! I did the same thing a few months ago, watched almodt two whole seasons in a very short time - a Parenthood marathon :-)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I am SO against texting and driving. When I was younger, I use to do it and I realize how awful it could have went!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...