February 18, 2013

Monday Morning Gossip - Update from moi

Today is the first day of Leeann's new weekly linkup and I'm super excited for her. I know, I can be over dramatic sometimes. We can blog about our weekend, what we are excited about, or anything else that we feel like sharing (as in "other gossip that's going on"). And yes, I'm okay with all of that. So, happy Monday Morning Gossip to all of us!


For today I chose to update you on my whereabouts and all...since some of you probably noticed that my last post was about Valentine's Day. As you know I don't like that day. Period. To top it all I had spent it at school. Luckily, my so-called "Valentine" was my friend M. She was joking saying her husband gave her permission to spend the day with me. Then again, we both had school so we were kinda forced to spend it together. It was fun though. In'n'Out was our hang out for the afternoon. 


As you can see, we went protein style. Why? Well, M is gluten intolerant and I decided to go gluten free for Lent. Crazy? Maybe. But you get to enjoy different kinds of foods and explore a little bit with what you can and cannot eat. It's exciting so far...and yes, I'll be writing about it soon. I hope. 



Hiking was part of my weekend. I enjoy being outdoors. I don't have to run or go nuts outdoors but just being out and enjoying the sun and the views and whatnot makes me happy. Peter's Canyon was where I went. It was fun and it was HOT. Yes, finally the heat returned to southern California. Unfortunately, it left us as fast as it arrived! 

And for the evening well, Laguna Beach can be beautiful...do I have to say more?
Ignore the benches. It was gorgeous and these photos do not even come close to the beauty I encountered.

Luckily, I found palm trees. My pictures don't fully say the truth about my weekend but I'm keeping it positive. It got brighter when I saw palm trees. And yes, I'm fully aware that this is all crooked. That was not an accident. I really wanted it that way.


I'm off on this holiday today.
I am hoping I can watch the Castle Marathon today but if not, I might as well work on homework. I really hope I can sit in front of the TV...I really need to just sit back and relax. Yeah, I know. I know. ;)

Don't forget to link up with Leeann and say hi!

Happy Monday!

xoxo





14 comments :

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LINKING UP!! I appreciate your support :)

Looks like you've been enjoying good food (well up until Wed) and beautiful scenery! Love the sunset pics! Have a great week, friend!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

Love Laguna beach... I have decided it will be where I retire to :) and yes the heat did leave too soon!!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Such gorgeous pictures, I'm kind of jealous!

Val said...

Great pics. In and Out is my life line =)

Amy Powell said...

in & out just looks awesome right now... cool that they have the lettuce "buns".

I hope you enjoy your day off :)

Claire Kiefer said...

I love that last picture of the palm trees--so pretty! And I'm still impressed that you gave up gluten for lent. :)

Laura Darling said...

What gorgeous scenery! I can't wait to hear how your gluten free Lent goes!

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

I went gluten-free for Lent also! It's been an adventure so far, and I'm not even a week into it, lol!

There's a Castle marathon on today?!?! I must go catch that right now! :)

xoxo

Because Shanna Said So said...

Aweeeeeeee, our friends live in the Laguna Beach area and we plan to visit them this summer! I can hardly wait!!!! Gorgeous shots!!

Marie said...

I have been dying to try In and Out Burger. Too bad there are NONE in my area. It's the first place I'm going next time I'm in Cali!! Sounds like a great weekend!!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Hope you had a fabulous weekend love!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. You're making me dream of when I can go hiking. I'm really looking forward to any sort of warm weather. We hit in the 40s yesterday, but it's supposed to snow today until saturday. I need sunshine!

Unknown said...

Mmm In 'n Out... I miss it living in NYC. Good luck with going gluten free!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love these photos!!! And I love me some in-n-out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...