July 15, 2013

Monday Morning Gossip - What a Weekend

My lovelies,

What can I say? Life is short. Life is precious. Life is everything and nothing at the same time. For every one of us life means something else. Though, once it is lost it will not return. Even if it did it would not be in the same form. This weekend has been a complete mess. And my weekend usually starts Fridays whether or not I am traveling through Europe. It was a long mess.

I for once had to turn the TV off. News of people getting killed, fighting, protesting, and what not made me simply sad. I later on turned it back on to watch DVDs that lifted me up. Best idea ever!

Health issues in my family hit my emotional levels pretty hard. And, I learned things over the past month about my family I'd rather not know. I'm appalled, shocked, impressed that it took so long for the truth to come out, and just mad. All these feelings came back this weekend it was like an avalanche rolling down from nowhere. I know now why I am the way I am today. Take this as a good thing!

I also turned off twitter and facebook mostly during the day. Good idea. No retweets and updates from my lovely people all over the world, nothing from news channels, and nothing from my dear friends. I needed a break. I slept in and for once it felt like a good idea at that time.

However, when you open your phone early in the morning because you can't sleep all night and get hit with texts, twitter and facebook updates you know something's not right. Florida disappointed big time (sorry but that's just a ridiculous verdict and just a whole lot of crap! - sorry); that was one big news. The first big news wasn't even fully processed by that time. Cory Monteith's death wasn't exactly something I wanted to read at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning after a very intense, uncomfortable, and weird night with hardly any sleep (won't disclose why but hey, got to keep some stuff private here as well). I thought I didn't read his name right but turned out I did. Crap it.

He'll be missed by many.
And that's how I remember him, with sunglasses.


And if the weekend didn't already start badly...I got sick Sunday. Bet it's a 24h-thing. Stayed home all day in my pj's contemplating about life, love, family, the future, and well, sadly also death. It was a weekend not to remember.

Hope your weekend was better, and if not, let's hope this week is going to rock our socks. At least I will get new glasses and have a fabulous Japanese Dinner Date with my Japanese aunt on Wednesday. Cannot wait. Something good has to happen.


Linking up with Leeann over at Join The Gossip.
You should too!

xoxo


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments :

Meghan said...

I am sorry you've had to endure some family issues. And I am sure it wasn't easy given all of the news this weekend. I felt very much the same way about the verdict in Florida, too:(

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Awww it sounds like a lot is going on for sure. I hear about the bad news...it was just overwhelming. And I heard it all before I went to sleep too so that was not cool.

Unknown said...

Your family has got to be one of the most culturaly diverse families I've ever heard of. I'm sorry that you had it so rough this weekend. I hope you can kick that bug and get back to enjoying yourself.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Oh no I'm sorry about the health issues with your family and you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

I just want to erase the craziness from this weekend out of my mind :(

Thanks for linking up!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh man, it sounds like so much is going on all at the same time. Keeping you in my thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...