January 17, 2014

Heat Wave, Flu, & Restaurant Visit

Southern California despite the rest of this country or world experiencing winter goes through a heat wave. Literally. It may not be 100 degrees but 88 comes close in January. What is worse is that most people are sick. It is like a gigantic wave of germs waltzed in and got us all bedridden. Insane. So even though it is sunny outside and looks and feels like it is July we have been covered and bundled up drinking soup, tea, and eating crackers. Not the best if you ask me.

So, the second we felt a slight bit better we headed out. Fresh air was needed. So what did we do? Yes, we drove to Laguna Beach and had a delicious lunch at Nick's. It is one of those places we always wanted to go just to sit back and relax. It was the best timing ever - we needed to congratulate ourselves so to speak for surviving the flu or whatever we had. So....I ordered salmon, spinach and mashed potatoes. All gluten free. LOVED it. I felt so healthy! :)


Other than my healthy food...I have been resting, resting, resting...and oh yeah, looking for a job too. It hasn't been easy. But, I have hope and hope usually gets me going...

Happy Friday.
Any fun plans for this long weekend?
I'll probably be chilling with my friends, and enjoying the last few days before school starts again. Yes, that happens next week....ugh.

1 comment :

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

You poor thing! I can't believe I haven't gotten sick at all this year (2013). I think bc I had that really bad cold THREE times last year and each time it lasted 2-3 months. I must be immune now haha.

Good luck with the job search :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...