January 9, 2014

Life - #13 QOTD

“Be who you are and say what you feel, 
because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
- Bernard M. Baruch

{via}

We all know this saying. We all do.
This week I learned that I have to focus on the people who matter in my life.
The ones I thought mattered disappointed me greatly.
I cried hours, weeks, maybe even months.
This week I decided to let it all go.
A new year means a new start and since I want to simplify my entire life...
...I also simplify my friendships and relationships.

A big thank you goes out to those people in my life who matter.
Who accept me for who I am and what I do and have done.
Who accept me for who I have become.
Who love me unconditionally, even during my weakest days.
Who know that I am generous but only to a certain limit.
Who know that I am smart, intelligent, spontaneous, and giving.
It goes out to everyone who knows I am willing to go the extra mile just to please people.
Yet, once betrayed, once taken for granted I will not be forgiving. I will be hesitant and sad.
So, my thank you's go out to my dearest friends who are close to me (even though a few don't live close).
To those that check on me from time to time - just the way I do it.

I am who I am - take it or leave it!

1 comment :

Meghan said...

I love that quote, and really appreciate the idea of simplifying relationships. Lord knows I could stand to do the same!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...