July 21, 2014

I Left My Heart in San Francisco ~ Again


Last week, on our day off, we decided to drive to San Francisco for a day. We ended up staying two days and stayed overnight with family. The main reason we wanted to do this was our rental car. Over 4th of July a lady literally drove backwards into our car {while we were already out and turning to leave the parking lot - she did not pay attention whatsoever and it was too late for us to react fast enough}, so we had to have our lovely car repaired. No dramatic damage but the total cost came up to $700; it's not just nothing. Anyways, so while our car was undergoing surgery we got a rental - a lovely brand stinking new Toyota Prius. Awesome mileage, and a brand new car...that just goes with San Francisco. No?

Since my favorite person had never been to SF before {a total shocker to me, since this is my absolutely favorite city in the US} I was more than just happy to visit the city with him. After all, I used to live there years ago and I just miss the big city feel. I am a big city girl there is no denying that - so naturally this trip made my month! I took my man for a loooooooong walk around the city. We parked the car, and then walked. I kept asking if he was okay and would love to take public transportation {he's not so much into PT but I will teach/show him over time that the one in SF is brilliant} - he always said he was okay. I could tell he wasn't used to walking up and down hills but kept going. Once we got back to our car we drove around to where we needed to go, so that gave our legs, feet, and hips a break. :)

While walking I tried to snap away a few photos here and there. I hate looking and acting like a tourist in any city. Granted I am not a tourist in this city but stopping and taking photos in the middle of a street automatically makes you look like one. 


We had a fabulous breakfast at Just For You Cafe. They even have wheat free pancakes available {yet, wheat free is not fully gluten free} but I stayed away and ordered eggs, bacon, potatoes, and two slices of gluten free bread. Needless to say I was in heaven!!!
 

Gluten free bakery and all kinds of goods? Yes, please!!!!


We also quickly stopped by Berkeley for lunch and then headed home. Unfortunately, we also had to return our lovely rental car that same day. Ten minutes after we arrived back home and stretched our legs we got a call saying the car woke up from surgery and was ready to be picked up. Boo. We were sad, but also happy to get a familiar car back. Rentals are great, and when insurance pays for it it's even better. Yet, the familiarity of your car will never be there.

 























This is my little gossip of today. Linking up with Leeann for Monday Morning Gossip. I had a blast in San Francisco. I finally felt like myself again. I am rejuvenated. Even though we walked a ton {literally, my legs were sore I have to admit that much} our little trip felt like heaven. We needed a break from hot and to us, boring, Sacramento. We needed cooler air, the ocean, and some things to explore. We got all that and I believe even my favorite person liked it. I might have scarred him though with all the walking, but it was a fabulous getaway. So glad we could stay with family as well - saved us a ton of money, and nerves! 

Happy Monday everyone!

6 comments :

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Beautiful photos!! I am so eager to get up there. It's been a few years but I have a free hotel stay so it's in the near future. You're def making me excited. So glad you had a great trip! Thanks for linking up :)

Meghan said...

You hit up all of my favorite places! I think just wandering the streets was my favorite thing to do!

Hena Tayeb said...

Great pics. I too have never been and have always wanted to go.. soon hopefully.

amanda @ as the wine cork turns said...

that bacon looks amazing. i could eat it everyday!! and i love the michael jordan reference - NC tarheel fan right here!! xo

Kimberlee said...

Aw making me miss SF :( I haven't been back in LONG time. Used to go a lot since my friend went to college there. Such a great city.

Thanks for linking up!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you had a great time in SF! I always love going over there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...