August 6, 2014

Refreshing Lavender Lemonade


Hot summers can be a drag. The only fantastic part about them are refreshing drinks. The other day I tried a recipe I found in one of many cooking magazines I was handed down by my future mother-in-law {for the record, she loves my creamy potato salad and knows I know how to cook just wants to inspire me more}, and couldn't wait to try it out. Lavender is known to have a soothing and calming effect and when it gets too busy, too hot, and too overwhelming a little lavender can help. It turned out refreshingly perfect.

Here's what you need:

1/4 cup dried organic OR food-grade lavender buds
2 cups boiling water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tray of ice cubes {14 large ones}
8 small lemons
3-5 cups cold water

Here's what you do:

- put the lavender in a large heat-safe bowl, and pour in boiling water.
- allow to steep for 10 minutes, then strain out and discard the lavender
- stir sugar into hot lavender water until dissolved
- add ice cubes, stir until cool
- pour lemonade into a 2-quart pitcher {if you haven't done so already}
- squeeze lemons and put juice into pitcher
- top of with cold water, stir and serve
- adjust lemon juice or sugar to taste
- enjoy!


The wonderful smell in our apartment was better than any candle every used!

I failed to take a photo of the end product, so I looked for one online and found one that quite resembles my own refreshing drink. My favorite person even liked it, and he's not at all into "girlie drinks" - so knowing this was to his liking I am happily announcing he requested for more lavender lemonade!

Next time I'm making some {and it will be very soon} I will add honey or use it instead of sugar, plus I will try to make my drink more purple.Cannot wait to experiment.

Do you have a summer drink you enjoy drinking, or even making?
What makes a great refreshing summer drink?


image via here

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...