September 8, 2014

How to Protect Your Own Wedding from Overexposure


Everything happened so quickly.
When my man asked me to marry him in May I was shocked. We had talked about taking this next step together but I had never thought it would happen so suddenly. Then again, why wait. It was hard for me to comprehend the changes that will come with an engagement, let alone a marriage. I told my best friends immediately, and even told my mom {of course}. Friends that I wanted to tell personally I waited, but then the opportunity never came and so I did it impersonal and kind of weird over text. Not my best, I know. One of my dear friends doesn't know yet and I am soooooooo eager to tell her BUT, she just got married Saturday afternoon and I did not want to tell her before just because I felt the timing was wrong. Once she is back from her honeymoon I will gladly tell her the news {if you were wondering, we live in different cities and she got married out of state and I sadly couldn't attend but made up for it with an elaborate wedding gift - that is what friends are for, too}. 

Anyways, back to my blog title.
I told everyone that I could, and thought would actually be happy for me.
There were a few that weren't happy and that is when I thought I won't be pushing details down their throat. I wouldn't tell them where and when we wanted to get married. I just couldn't. Well, if you missed it, we got married on August 29, 2014. It was a small, intimate and quiet wedding in our lovely Californian wine region. I didn't want the news to be spread all over social media and all but one {why oh why} of my friends/family respected my wish. There is just something about my life I feel you don't need to know. I would love to share my happiness with you, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you need to see all details about my life. I don't want to see yours either {just a hint, a touch, something}. Well, and that is why I have chosen to share a little bit of my special day with you today. I cannot believe it's been over a week, and literally happened last month. Time sure flies. I cleaned up the other day and saw a few remnants of our special day and thought it was time to slowly let the cat out of the bag...just for a few minutes. Once I get all photos in I will try to write a little wedding post. After all, this is my blog, and I see it as a journal, a notebook, something that I can come back to and be happy about.

So, how to protect my own wedding from overexposure? I choose to share details...on my own time and terms. That simple.

So, stay tuned.

In the meantime, I hope you had a great weekend and start this week with a gigantic smile. It is September, school started, and pumpkins are coming back in fashion. Love it already!!!  

xoxo

5 comments :

amanda @ as the wine cork turns said...

love the date!! but you know that :)

Ashley said...

very cute. And you have the right to share or not share as you please. People get awfully pushy about weddings and what you should/ shouldn't do. I think do what you want! It's your day after all. Congrats again!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! Sorry that your wishes weren't respected :( Despite that I'm sure it was just perfect. And if do decide to share details, I'll be excited to read along/see them ;)

And thank you for the sweet comments about my dog. Compared to your uncle, it seems so insignificant, but nonetheless, greatly appreciated by me :)

Why Girls Are Weird said...

It's nice to be able to keep some things to yourself, it makes the day more special.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I can totally understand wanting to keep some things private.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...