March 10, 2015

The Time I got An Award


Molly and Stacie recently nominated me with the Liebster Award! I have done these award questionnaires before {and have more than 200 followers} but thought it would be nice to do one again. Also, I still feel like I am in a blog slump so this gives me a chance to be kind of creative. Plus, supporting other bloggers and giving them a shout out is always a perfect way to start the day.

RULES

Mention/thank/tag the blogger who nominated you.
Explain the rules for the next lucky nominees.
Answer the questions given to you.
Nominate and link blogs with less than (200) followers.
Post 11 questions of your own.
Notify bloggers that they have been nominated.

So, here goes nothing...

QUESTIONS FOR ME

1. What is your favorite book?
Hard to name just one book. There are book out there that have influenced and inspired me when I needed to hear the right words, and up until today they are still inspiring me. One of them is Walden and Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau. When I had to read it I dreaded it but my professor explained it so well it all made sense and without her further help I realized how much that book meant and spoke to me and my current life. Crazy, huh?!

2. What made you start blogging?
Boredom. Literally. I also needed a hobby at that time and needed a way to express myself or just to create my own little world. I had no idea that blogging is so much more than just writing on a regular basis. Friendships got created, ideas were found, and a community was built.

3. What is your favorite lipstick?
I don't like lipstick. If I wear lipstick it's usually a light color, and nowadays only from MaryKay {thank you M. for being such a fabulous consultant!}. I am more a lip gloss girl.

4. What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?
Sleep in, explore food and drinks, and feed my brain. 

5. How do you like to spend your free time?
I like to spend it exploring the city and area. I also like to read, watch films, and spend time with my favorite person. :)

6. What are your blogging goals for this year?
I don't have blogging goals. If I do let me know. However, I like to just have fun and inspire, and entertain.

7. Who did you think was best dressed at the Oscars this year?
To be honest I didn't pay that much attention. I liked Jennifer Lopez and her dress, and that is really all I remember. Oops, I know. So bad of me. :(

8. Would you rather have a surprise party or casual dinner for your birthday?
Casual dinner. I don't like surprise parties. What if I don't feel well that day and then baaam, surprise!! No, thank you. Also, I'd rather look forward to something and see it happen than being thrown into a room with all kinds of people I didn't want to see that day {there are those moments when you just need to be by yourself or just spend time with very close friends}. So, casual dinner it is.

9. What’s the next vacation you have planned?
Visiting family and friends in Switzerland and possibly Turkey. YES.

10. What’s your favorite thing to cook?
Köfte {Turkish meatballs}. Also, my Mexican quinoa dish {so easy and delicious}. 

11. How many languages do you speak?
I speak three languages fluently: Swiss-German, German, and English. I speak kind of Turkish and French, and will understand Italian if I sit down and concentrate. The Japanese I once learned is sadly long gone but bits and pieces still linger in my passive brain. 


I NOMINATE

Whoever wants to do this.
YES, I will not personally nominate specific bloggers because I think we all deserve this, no matter the amount of followers. Yup, I am doing this this way. I have more than 200 so technically I should not have received this one but still love to get these. When I feel a writer's block appears or just feel like I am in a slump these are the posts I look for. :) Just saying.

QUESTIONS FOR YOU

1) What's a pet peeve of yours?
2) What are you most proud of?
3) What is your favorite film and why?
4) What is your earliest memory from your childhood?
5) What would you choose? A great book, or a great film? And why?
6) If you had a chance to repeat history, what would you change?
7) Favorite song and why?
8) Do you prefer real nails or fake nails, and why?!
9) What place/city/country would you like to retire in?
10) Are you a saver or a spender?
11) What are your hopes for 2015?

2 comments :

Hena Tayeb said...

your future vacation sounds nice!

The Flynnigans said...

I like question 6:

"6. What are your blogging goals for this year?

I don't have blogging goals. If I do let me know."

HAHAHA. This answer totally made me laugh out loud. That's something I could see myself saying. ;)

xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...