April 29, 2015

One Pot Pizza Pasta Bake


When I don't know what to blog I always remind myself that my life is this blog. So, what I do and think could benefit someone else will be put up. Today, just like most Wednesdays for the past few months, I am going to share a recipe with you. It's a recipe I came across a while back and tweaked it just a tad bit. Not much at all. Here we go.

I wanted to make something easy. Something delicious and easy. Something that would not require a lot of pots, and still would come as if I used three different kinds. Guys, I have become a one pot anything cooker. I love it. It's not only easy, it has never disappointed any of us. Here's to many more. So, so glad I got into this one pot cooking phase!

Here's what you need:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 8 ounces spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
  • 1/2 cup pepperoni, divided
  • 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil {I used those tiny frozen cubes}
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 8 ounces pasta {rotini pasta is best, but penne would work as well; plus remember I always use gluten free pasta}
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese {I used mixed Italian cheese as well}
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

The hardest to find were the pepperoni. I didn't want regular pepperoni. I wanted mini pepperoni because they are cute. Simple as that. I couldn't find them anywhere. I gave up. So I just halved the ones I found, and it turned out awesome! If you know where to get them, please help a girl out!! Thank you.

Here's what you do:
  • Preheat oven to broil.
  • Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. 
  • Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes. Make sure to crumble it. 
  • Drain excess fat. 
  • Stir in 1/4 cup pepperoni until heated through, about 1 minute.
  • Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, basil garlic powder, pasta and 1 1/2 cups water
  • Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
  • Remove from heat; top with mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup pepperoni. 
  • Place into oven and cook until melted and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
  • Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.

It was really all in one pot. I never thought I could cook it all in one pot, let alone, gluten free pasta. It worked out so well, I made it a few days later again. Easy, very delicious, and we had hardly leftovers. Gosh, I cannot wait to make it again. It was this good!!

xoxo

adapted from  here

4 comments :

The Flynnigans said...

Have a bowl for me. ;)
xo

Why Girls Are Weird said...

That looks dangerously good!

Gracey Williams said...

That looks amazing. I Love the one pot idea - too many dishes to clean make me dread finishing my meal.

Breakfast at Gracey's

Marjan said...

Looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it when I visit, but I will try making it myself in the meantime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...