December 21, 2015

Weekly Hopes {21}



Happy Christmas week everyone! I know there are people out there not celebrating Christmas and this is very normal and very okay with me. In that case, have an amazing week and enjoy it to the fullest. 

Lately, with everything going on in the world, I have come to the conclusion that I will raise my children {in the future, when it's happening} with an open-mind about religion, cultures, languages, love and life. I want my children to grow up the way I did; very very open-minded. 

Easier said than done. You probably think that is a given. Technically yes, but when I hear people, read stories, and talk to people and understand that some have no idea about certain cultures, religions, and ways of living it saddens me. You don't need to know everything but have a general {true} idea and don't judge right away. Hey, I'm not perfect either. At least I know what Christmas is, Hanukkah, and even know what Islam is about. I will not get political here but all I need to say is that what the media presents {the views, the bad people, the everything we don't want to see} ruins anything and anyone. It is not the media's fault. It is the people who are uneducated believing in others who point fingers and tear any religion apart that does not need tearing. Stop it. Just stop it. 

So, without getting too much into this negative crap, hee's what I am looking froward to this week 

1 - Family Time
2 - Christmas lights in neighborhoods
3 - Snow
4 - Tiramisu
5 - Christmas music
6 - Doggie kisses
7 - Cat snuggles
8 - Hot spiked cider

It's my happy week. I lost it a few times yesterday, mainly because certain things remind me of my mom and the good old times. I am making new memories, and creating new stories so that the old ones can remain but will not take over my current happiness. I'm trying really hard. Plus, yes, I know the first few holidays will be the tougher ones...let me just wallow a little. I will be fine. Drinking my hot cider right now already makes up for all the crying yesterday. ;)

Have a fantastic week and hopefully there are a few things on your weekly list that will make you smile! :)

xo

1 comment :

The Flynnigans said...

Chin up girlfriend. Xo I can't even deal that Christmas is 3 days away. And just how sick my MIL is but I don't feel like making people depressed talking about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...