January 26, 2016

Easy Broccoli Ham Bake


Have you ever been in a cooking funk?! I have. Easiest then is simply to get dressed and go. Let's be honest though, eating out once is fine. But eating out on a regular basis drains your account, and may even add a few pounds to your figure. As much as I love eating out I also learned to love to cook at home and explore new recipes and tweak them a bit. Today, I'm sharing with you my easy broccoli ham bake. It's so easy I want to make it once a week. It's a great breakfast dish, but I like it as a fun and different lunch or dinner idea.

Here's what you need:
  • 5 cups of broccoli florets {I mainly use one big bag of frozen broccoli}
  • 2-3 cups of diced ham
  • 2 cups of mozzarella
  • 1/3 to 1/2 cups of cut green onions {optional}
  • 8 eggs, well beaten
  • Spike seasoning {or similar}
  • Black pepper

Here's what you do:
  • Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil, cook the broccoli for about 2 minutes, drain well, set aside
  • Heat oven to 375F
  • Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray, or use butter/margarine/coconut oil {I used a 9x12'' dish}
  • Layer your casserole dish as follows: Broccoli first, then the diced ham, then the Mozzarella cheese, and green onions
  • Season with black pepper and Spike seasoning {about 1 tsp or to taste}
  • Pour the beaten eggs over everything. It may look like there's not enough but it will be enough.
  • "Stir" with a fork until all it coated with the eggs
  • Bake for about 35-45 minutes {I usually end up with 40 minutes with my oven}
Once done, your broccoli ham bake is ready!

xo

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...