April 13, 2016

Blueberry Peach Cake


Part of my spring list is bake a cake/pie. I love most things that are sweet so it was a definite must for me to sit down and figure this whole baking thing out. Also, spring being such a lovely season what else could I do?! A cake bake day had to happen. I came across a few recipes that called my name, and when I found one that literally haunted me for about a year I knew I had to give it a try. I changed a few things because well, me living a gluten free food life it was needed. It did not disappoint so I made this blueberry peach cake twice in two weeks {yes, I am obsessed}. So here we go:

Here's what you need:

9x3-inch spring form pan
Parchment paper
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour {I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to1 GF baking flour}
1 tspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 stick softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 peaches, sliced into wedges {I used frozen ones}
6 oz blueberries {fresh is the better choice here}
1 tspoon sugar {extra sugar}


Here's what you do:

- Preheat oven to 350 F, rack in the middle
- Grease the side and bottom of the spring form
- Line the bottom of the spring form pan with parchment paper
- Grease that paper as well

- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda into a medium bowl
- In a different bowl beat butter, sugar and eggs until very light & fluffy about 2-3 mins on high speed
- Add vanilla and yogurt, continue beating until very creamy and light in color about one minute
- Mixing speed to low, mix in the flour mix until everything is combined. Don't over mix.

- Transfer the batter to the spring form. Top it with sliced peaces and scatter the blueberries evenly in the spaces between the peach slices. Sprinkle with the extra sugar.
- Bake for about 1 hour and until the cake turns golden and when you test the center it comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the spring form for about 40 minutes, release it from the form. You can then transfer the cake to a cake plate with the parchment paper. 

And here we go, my very delicious blueberry peach cake!! We all loved it. The yogurt makes it moist and not too dry. Leftovers were left outside the fridge and it was just as delicious the next day. Cannot complain and I will definitely make this again...maybe with another fruit...not sure which one though? Suggestions are highly recommended.

Hope you're having a great day and week so far!!

xox

P.s. Adapted from Julia's Album

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...