May 18, 2016

Humble and Kind


I'm not a huge fan of country music I have to admit. However, I listen to it because well, it's easy to listen to and as boring as it can be there are a few pretty darn good melodies and lyrics. B likes it a lot. It calms him down while driving. I have to admit it's better than faced paced anything nowadays that doesn't make any sense or has no lyrics or meaning whatsoever. Anyways, so on my quest to happiness, to a happier me and a happier life and all I was told to sing along to songs and/or dance. Well, in a car it's a bit difficult to dance but I move along {when on the passenger seat of course}. Yet, to sing along...now, that I can do. It took me a while to get back to my normal self, to my funky singing along self. I caught myself a few times singing along and then had to smile. 

A while back I heard Tim McGraw's song Humble and Kind...and man, that song speaks truth on so many levels it's amazing. It's one of those songs I love because of its message, and yes it's mellow melody that is quite catchy. Its message though...that I love. And guess what? I always turn up the volume and I always sing along when this song comes up.

Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat, and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind
When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride but
Always stay humble and kind

That's just one part of the song but this alone sends the perfect message. There's hardly people today, my age, who say thank you or please let alone both. It's so sad. I want my children to grow up knowing what manners are, and how to be polite in this world today. You can teach a child to say all this but it takes more than just that. Your teenager, your adult child needs to remember what was taught back in the day and implement this on a daily basis. I even hold doors for others because, well, that is what I want others to do, too. I set an example. It's baby steps but in the end those steps may finally be seen and felt and hopefully repeated by others. 

With all that in mind...hope you're day today is going well. I'm off making this very hot day a happy one. I will be holding doors and saying thank you's and what not. I will set an example today!

xox

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...