January 15, 2017

Focus, because you have to

You see, sometimes life takes over. Sometimes it hits you in the face and reminds you why you are doing what you are doing. As I am slowly trying to figure things out here in the blog world and in real life I want to make sure it is the right thing for me. As much as I love writing and sharing what I have been up to or what I find inspiring...sometimes I feel stuck and don't want to share at all. That is when life takes over. 

This year I started off with a new word. If you don't know what I'm talking about you are definitely not following up on the trend. If you know what I'm talking about...by all means, yes!!! This word is supposed to guide me, to help me, to make me live this year to the fullest always with that word in mind. As I mentioned above, life takes over sometimes and to be honest, life always takes over. But in order not to get lost and not to lose hope and sight of what is important I needed a word. I used to live by word each year until 2015 happened, and last year I kind of forgot about it or wasn't as determined or focused to live by one word. Not this year. Nope, this year I need a word again and I want it to help me find my way in life again...because, yes, life does take over and we usually realize it when it is too late.


My word this year is FOCUS. 
Simple as that. I could have gone with something else, or more profound but I wanted it to be simple, direct and challenging. Focus is what I need. Focus is what needs my focus as well. Whether I am writing, reading, cooking, watching television or a film, playing with my pets, being a great wife, or working my butt off as a small business owner I want and must FOCUS!!! 

Focus, because you simply have to. It is okay if I fail here and there when I do lose focus, and I'd be lying if I said that won't ever happen. Let's be honest here, we all get distracted, interrupted in our daily chores or something happens that changes the course of our path, of our life. So focus it is, in the best possible way. I want to be in the present as possible. I don't want to read four books at once. I want to read one, finish that one after I fully paid attention to it, and then move on to the next. If I read four at once I won't be focused. I won't probably remember what I read anyways. I want to wholeheartedly prepare a meal each day {which yes I have been doing}, focus on the cutting, the smells, the tears {hello, onions}, and the taste once the product is finished. I want to focus on a film without any distractions. I want to explore more, see more, taste more delicious wines with yes, you got it, full focus in mind. I won't think about what I have to do after the wine tasting, or after the film is over or what I need to do the next day. That is distraction and with my word in mind, I cannot have this.

When life takes over and we know it will happen, I will focus and I will be darn sure to work on myself and this little but very strong word of mine this year!!!!

Focus, because you simply have to!!

What is your word this year and why???!

2 comments :

C said...

Focus is my word too! I'm finding lately that I have too many things going on at the same time and nothing is getting done correctly or timely. I need to focus on one thing at a time and give it my all.

We got this focus thing! :)

Tobia | craftaliciousme said...

Hey Selma,
I loved this post! It's so honest and now I feel like I want focus as my word too. Mine is BECOME. For private life it's BECOME LIGHTSOME and business wise it's BECOME VENTUROUS. Wrote all about it on the blog.
I stumbled over one sentences: you are a small business owner. Do you mind me asking what you do?! I try to set something up for myself too. I remember you looking for jobs.
Have a great weekend
Tobia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...